Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Christmas Tree

Why is it always so much easier to put the Christmas tree up than it is to take it down? It seems like such a chore with lots of biting that ends up with needles all over the floor. And, at least one broken ornament. This year hubby was so mad at the whole thing he was literally throwing ornaments of the tree at me. I was the putter-awaywer of the ornaments.

We picked out this NASTY tree with the longest needles I've ever seen. They clogged up the vaccum everytime I tried to clean up. However, it was about 14 feet high. Usually I'm the Christmas guru, but this year I was the grinch. I think hubby tried to cheer me up with it, but it didn't work.

So, when it was time for him to take this tree down - he took it down with vegence. It took three people just to get it up and in the tree stand. He comes inside with his chain saw! Amongst my protests some sense got knocked in, and he came back with pruners. He tore that tree limb for limb until there was a huge pile of brush that filled my living room end to end up to the fireplace mantle. I was dumbfounded. I invisioned all the needles under there that needed picked up.

So, how do you get rid of this tree all torn apart? Throw each piece out the nearest window. Yes, it's still sitting there now. And, what about all those nasty needles? Ask the nearest pregnant woman to get on her hands and knees and pick them up. No, I refused to pick up even one needle. I must say, hubby can vacuum quite well...lets see how I can put that to good use...

2 comments:

yum said...

My gosh! 14 ft tree!!!!! I cant imagine the size of your house!

Our Catholic Family said...

Oh, the house isn't that big. But, we have a two story foyer and living room. We thought it was cool at first, now it's really a pain...especially painting!!

And trying to fill the walls...