Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Advice for buysing salwars...


I would like to buy some salwars for my trip. But, the quality you get here in Chicago or NYC is horrible for the price tag. Does anyone have any good ideas? I found a few I like at indiaplace.com, but they are $100-$300. And, I'm not sure of the quality. The last one like that I bought in NYC fell apart...literally the threads started unraveling. And, the one I bought in Chicago is still around - but it's incrediably generic.

My mother inlaw sent me a great salwar in silk. Perhaps, I should just give her the measurments and have her get them made? What do you guys think?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try looking at www.eshakti.com
They have nice salwar kameez.
I personally never bought from them but heard good testimonials abt them...

Anonymous said...

Hi I only just discovered your wonderfull blog. I'm also a gundu white girl, only I think I'm a Moti white girl, my husband is Neplaese,although our experiences are verrrry similar.
I look forward to folowing your journey, and congratulations on your beautifull baby.
Ally

Our Catholic Family said...

Thanks santhi, I'll check them out.

Our Catholic Family said...

Hi Ally,

Thanks for the congrats. What is a moti white girl?

ilaiy said...

I should know say I know for sure .. But people say it is much easier to get one from India that anywhere around here.

./thanks
ilaiy

Shell said...

Hi,
This is a little delayed, but I have always had mine made within india. The only problem is with sending my measurements etc. I don't get to choose the colors or style. Last trip I had planned to buy salwaars as soon as we got there. But hubby didnt take me shopping on my own so everyone had their opinion about what I should wear. I personally would buy a few nice ones that you like from home (try E-bay) and then get some made whilst you are there.