Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Christmas

I've neglected posting because I just didn't even want to go there. I know, I sound like I'm whining all the time. This one was just bad - I'll continue to blame that on the hormones.

First, my husband decided he was going to decide how we were going to spend the holidays. This was on Christmas Eve! Every year for the past five years we have done the same thing. This year he chooses to find his own traditions on the holiday itself. He put up one hell of a fight nearly pushing me into labor -- literally I was having Braxton Hicks.

We were to be at my grandparents at 6:00 p.m. We had a football game at 1 p.m. and another party at 4:00 pm. So, it was crazy. He didn't want to leave the first party and got on my back because my grandma orders pizza (they are both in their 80's!! Give them a break) and doesn't cook a traditional meal. Finally, we get there and he goes on and on about the first party and the food.

On Christmas day I was preparing food to take to my moms. I did all the shopping and wrapping for Christmas, he didn't help me with one thing. I had to beg him to help with shopping because I couldn't walk around the mall all day by myself lugging this baby around my middle. So, I had lots of wrapping left to do on Christmas day. This is when he decides he doens't want to go to my mom's after all. He wants to stay home, light the fire, and drink hot cocoa. He hates cocoa. So, he decided he'll go in the GARAGE and sit in the SUV.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to get ready to leave. And, he's relaxing in the CAR?? I swear he does this on purpose just to push my buttons. Anyway we arrive at my parents --- and we have lunch at about 1 pm. After lunch we opened presants and were drinking. It's about two hours after eating and he says he's ready to leave. Everyone looks at me like, what?? I don't even know what to say...

Yes, my parents are strange. One day I'll write about them. I just don't see how I can get out of going over there for the holiday. I never ask him to go over there other than that. It's going to get crazy with the baby. He hates them and doesn't try to hide it...which puts me in a comfy place!!

So, that was my Christmas. I hope everyone else out there had a better one. One bit of good news is that my sister is EIGHT WEEKS PREGNANT!! And, hubby is already making it a competition...

5 comments:

burf said...

hey pls take care of urself
and men unlike me are sometimes jerks :p

still be happy :D

Our Catholic Family said...

ROFL burf!! OH yes, if every guy could be like you us women would have no complaints I suppose ;-P

burf said...

lol

:D

yum said...

I was sadly surprised to hear how selfish and childish your husband seems at times. Does he give any reason for these things(like not helping you, being stubborn about going to your grandmothers, etc)?

I thought more about your post on money.... The worst thing about it is that he monitors your spending. Are you not an equal? Its not so much about your family, its about him being considerate of you.

Anyway, Im sure hes not always like that. Hopefully he will realize what he is doing.

Our Catholic Family said...

No, he's not always that way. From what he's told me he was very spoiled as a child. His parents wanted a boy so bad, and once they had one they never told him no. He never did anything at the house, his dad the same. So he never grew up seeing a man do anything.

So, when he doesn't get what he wants in our relationship he can't handle it. He has to be in control. The same goes for his work.

He knows it's an issue, and causing him problems. He just has to mature a bit, and admitadly he does try. (I'm going to post on that today...)